All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gathers a decade of Caroline Bergvall's invative pieces, from her long out-of-print performance text Goan Atom, inspired by the graphic contortions of Hans Bellmer's Doll and violent love fantasies of other radical body-inspired artists, The Shorter Chaucer, a series of contemporary tales exploring social mores in a feisty mix of languages, and the hybrid and visual prose pieces Cropper, Cat in the Throat, and Middling English. This volume-rich, multi-layered, acerbic, humorous-creates a strong case for how new literature can provide speculative and performative excursions into post-urban lives and idoms and explore renewed visions for languages.
- Author BiographyCAROLINE BERGVALL is an international writer who works across media and art forms. Her projects alternate between books, audio pieces, performances, and installations. She has presented projects at Dia, MoMA, The Serpentine Gallery, Tate Modern, The Hammer Museum, and held teaching residencies at Dartington College of Arts, Bard College, and Temple University. Currently an AHRC Fellow in the Creative and Performing Arts (2007-2010), she lives in London.
- Author(s)Caroline Bergvall
- PublisherNightboat Books
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightboat Books
- Content Note12 illus.
- Weight191 g
- Width133 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.