All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs it possible to incite a turn towards Media Philosophy, a field that accounts for the automy of media, for machine agency and for the new modalities of thought and subjectivity that these enable, rather than dwelling on representations, audiences and extensions of the self? In the wake of the field-defining work done by Friedrich Kittler, this important collection of essays takes a philosophical approach to the end of the media era in the traditional sense and outlines the implications of a turn that sees media become concepts of the middle, of connection, and of multitude-across diverse disciplines and theoretical perspectives. An expert panel of contributors, working at the cutting edge of media theory, analyze the German thinker's legacy and the possibilities his thought can unfold for media theory. This book examines the present and future condition of mediation, within the wider context of media studies in a digital age.
- Author BiographyEleni Ikoniadou is Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication at Kingston University and executive member of the London Graduate School. Her writing has appeared in journals such as Body & Society, Senses and Society, Culture Machine, and Leonardo and she is the author of The Rhythmic Event (Technologies of Lived Abstraction series, 2014). Scott Wilson is Professor of Media and Psychoanalysis at Kingston University. His most recent books include The Order of Joy; Beyond the Cultural Politics of Enjoyment (2008) and Stop Making Sense: Music from the Perspective of the Real (2015).
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield International
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- Series TitleMedia Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield International
- Weight267 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEleni Ikoniadou,Scott Wilson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.