All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMedia Criticism in a Digital Age introduces readers to a variety of critical approaches to audio and video discourse on radio, television and the Internet. It is intended for those preparing for electronic media careers as well as for anyone seeking to enhance their media literacy. This book takes the unequivocal view that the material heard and seen over digital media is worthy of serious consideration. Media Criticism in a Digital Age applies key aesthetic, sociological, philosophical, psychological, structural and ecomic principles to arrive at a comprehensive evaluation of programming and advertising content. It offers a rich blend of insights from both industry and academic authorities. These insights range from the observations of Plato and Aristotle to the research that motivates twenty-first century marketing and advertising. Key features of the book are comprised of: * multiple video examples including commercials, cartoons and custom graphics to illustrate core critical concepts; * chapters reflecting today's media world, including coverage of broadband and social media issues; * fifty perceptive critiques penned by a variety of widely respected media observers and; * a supplementary website for professors that provides suggested exercises to accompany each chapter (www.routledge .com/cw/orlik) Media Criticism in a Digital Age equips emerging media professionals as well as perceptive consumers with the evaluative tools to maximize their media understanding and enjoyment.
- Author BiographyPeter B. Orlik is director and professor in Central Michigan University's School of Broadcast & Cinematic Arts. Industry experience includes work as copywriter, radio announcer/music director, and television promotions executive. He was the 2001 recipient of the Broadcast Education Association's Distinguished Education Service Award (that organization's highest honor) and a 2003 inductee into the Michigan Broadcasting Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Peter B. Orlik
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight1248 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.