Media Economics: Understanding Markets, Industries and Concepts by Alan B. Albarran (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Media Ecomics: Understanding Markets, Industries, and Concepts provides a thorough introduction to ecomic concepts and principles and their application to the media industries. Designed for use by students and faculty as well as media practitioners and researchers, this text is the most complete overview of the media industries available in published form.Albarran's new, expanded edition is fully updated and reflects the growth and impact of the Internet, globalization of media, and other techlogical advances. The book offers introductory chapters examining the foundations of media ecomics and chapters focusing on the major players and ecomic forces at work in each of the following industries: radio, television, cable / satellite, Internet, motion picture, recording, newspaper, magazine, and book publishing. Features include: -- A new chapter devoted to the Internet-- Chapter objectives to guide readers-- Review / discussion questions after each chapter-- Projects / exercises for each chapter-- Numerous tables, figures and graphs, and-- Supplemental materials which include an appendix of key websites and relevant research performance, and a complete glossary.
- Author BiographyAlan B. Albarran is Professor and Chair of the Department of Radio, Television and Film at the University of North Texas in Denton and Editor of the <i>Journal of Media Economics</i>.
- Author(s)Alan B. Albarran
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight896 g
- Width251 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.