All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn engaging and original study of current issues in media ethics, this book challenges students to explore the relationship between media ethics and social change. It considers the potentially beneficial uses of media practice for humanity, addressing questions of inclusivity and diversity and specialist topics that are absent from other texts. Using case studies and exercises based on real-life experiences of journalists, newsmakers, policy makers and consumers, Valerie Alia invites readers to examine current media practice and develop strategies for ethical problem solving and decision-making. Topics discussed include: ethical theories; social scientific theories; the search for a responsible practice; internationalisation of the media; the ethics of interviewing; politicians, power and spin; media, mirities and gender; arts, sports and travel; ethics and images; changing techlogies; and codes and principles. Features * The only book to consider media ethics in the context of social change * Provides current examples of British and international media practice, theory, problem-solving exercises, workshop simulations and case studies * Includes original cartoons, rare photographs of great 'muckrakers', an antated list of relevant films, and a full bibliography and index.
- Author BiographyValerie Alia is Visiting Professor, Centre for Research into Diversity in the Professions, Leeds Metropolitan University. She is the series editor for EUP's Media Topics series and author of The New Media Nation (Berghahn, 2009).
- Author(s)Valerie Alia
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2004
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMedia Topics
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight400 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.