Media Moms & Digital Dads: A Fact-Not-Fear Approach to Parenting in the Digital Age by Yalda Uhls (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $1,994.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs social media ruining our kids? How much Internet activity is too much? What do FOMO (Fear of Missing Out), sexting, and selfies mean for teens? Are you curious about what research says about how media and techlogy are affecting childhood? Supported by academic research focused on techlogy, Media Moms & Digital Dads breaks down complex issues in a friendly, accessible fashion, making it a highly useful and, ultimately, reassuring read for anyone who worries about the impact that media might be having on young minds. Each chapter delves into a different issue related to kids and media so parents can easily find their particular issue of concern. Dr. Uhls ends each chapter with quick takeaways, in the form of tips and guidance for parents. Dr. Uhls' expertise as a former Hollywood film executive and as a current expert on child development and the media gives her a unique and important perspective. As a trained scientist she understands the myriad studies conducted by researchers, and as a mom of digital teens, she kws what actually works and can relate to the reality of being a parent in the 21st century. Dr. Uhls also describes the primary research she conducted at UCLA, including whether extensive screen time impacts n-verbal emotional understanding, which has been covered in the New York Times, Time magazine, and on National Public Radio. There are few more important issues for parents today than helping children safely navigate the digital world in which we live, a world that provides immense opportunity for learning and connecting yet also puts kids in a position to make mistakes and even cause harm. Kwing what the facts are and when and how to get involved is perhaps one of the most challenging aspects of modern parenting. Media Moms & Digital Dads offers parents reassuring and fact-based guidance on how best to manage screens and media for their children.
- Author BiographyYalda T. Uhls, MBA, PhD, is an award winning child psychologist researcher and leading expert in how media affects children. She is an unequaled and balanced voice in helping parents and educators navigate the overwhelming landscape of opinions, research, facts, conversation, and misinformation surrounding the impact of media on children. In addition to her consulting and other work, Dr. Uhls works with Common Sense Media, a national non-profit, as their Director of Creative Community Partnerships and also does research with UCLA. Prior to her academic career, Yalda spent over fifteen years as a senior entertainment executive and producer at studios such as Sony and MGM. Most importantly, she is a mom of two digital teens (a boy and a girl).
- Author(s)Yalda Uhls
- PublisherBibliomotion, Incorporated
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBrookline
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBibliomotion, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.