All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA compilation of essays and commentary delivered at the second annual Kent State University Symposium on Democracy, this work recognizes and considers the differences that arise when the competitive forces of commerce clash with the demand for the open availability of information in a democratic society. The conflicting roles of advocate-initiator and objective reporter for journalists who cover community politics; the role of the news media in forming public attitudes toward things political and their role in affecting voter nparticipation; the role of financial considerations in the news media's attempt to provide citizens with needed news and perspective on political affairs; and particularly the role of the conglomeration of ownership of news media organizations are a few of the topics discussed in this volume.
- Author BiographyJoseph Harper is professor of journalism and mass communication at Kent State University. Thom Yantek is associate professor of political science at Kent State University. Harper and Yantek cochaired the second annual KSU Symposium on Democracy.
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJoseph Harper,Thom Yantek
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.