All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together key writings with original textbook material, the second edition of Media Studies: The Essential Resource explains central perspectives and concepts within Media Studies. Readers are introduced to a range of writing on media topics promoting an understanding of the subject from both contemporary and historical perspectives. The text is split into three parts covering Analysis and Perspectives, Media Audiences and Ecologies and Creativities. The key areas of study are discussed, with accessible readings from essential theoretical texts and fully supported with an author commentary. Theoretical perspectives are used to analyse contemporary media forms and activities direct students to interrogate readings further and apply their learning. Encouraging critical and analytical study, Media Studies: The Essential Resource helps students to understand the main theories and theorists within Media Studies.
- Author BiographySarah Casey Benyahia is a Media and Film Studies teacher at Colchester 6th Form College. She is a senior examiner for one of the major assessment boards, author of Crime (2012) and the co-author of several text books, including A2 Media Studies: The Essential Introduction (2010) and AS and A2 Film Studies: the Essential Introduction (2009). Abigail Gardner is Subject Group Leader for Media courses at the University of Gloucestershire. She is the author of P J Harvey and Music Video Performance, Farnham: Ashgate (2015) and of an edited collection with Dr Ros Jennings, Rock On: Women, Ageing and Popular Music (Ashgate, 2012). She has also written on Dolly Parton in Tinknell, E., and Dolan, J. (eds.) Aging Femininities: Troubling Representations (2012). She is a member of International Association for the Study of Popular Music, WAM (the Centre for Women and Ageing) and the Severn Pop Network. Philip Rayner is an international media consultant with over 30 years experience of writing and teaching about the media in Further and Higher Education. He has been a senior examiner for two assessment boards and the co-author of several text books, including AS Media Studies: The Essential Introduction for AQA (2008). Pete Wall has over 40 years of experience of teaching in Further and Higher Education and providing support for schools and colleges. He had held a number of senior examining positions for Awarding Bodies and currently acts as Chair of Examiners for GCE and GCSE Media Studies for a major Awarding Body. He is the author of several textbooks for Media Studies and related disciplines in addition to his role as series editor for Routledge Essentials.
- Author(s)Abigail Gardner,Peter Wall,Philip Rayner,Sarah Casey Benyahia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEssentials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.