All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMedia and Communication Research Methods provides a clear and authoritative introduction to qualitative and quantitative methods for studying media and communication. Written by two highly experienced researchers, the book draws on a wide range of media and communication research to introduce students to the relative strengths of the different research approaches. Beginning with an overview of the changing contexts and trends in media and communication research approaches, the book demystifies 'research' and the 'research process' by offering practical and accessible guidance on how to design, plan and carry out successful research projects in media and communication. Featuring international case studies and a student-friendly glossary, the book provides guidance on how to ask the 'right' research questions and select the 'right' research method. Media and Communication Research Methods is an indispensible text for all students of media and communication studies, particularly those undertaking their own research projects or taking modules in research methods.
- Author BiographyANDERS HANSEN is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Media and Communication, University of Leicester, UK. He is Associate Editor of Environmental Communication and Secretary to the International Environmental Communication Association. His recent books include Environment, Media and Communication (2010) and Mass Communication Research Methods (edited four-volume set, 2009). DAVID MACHIN is Professor of Media and Communciation at Orebro University, Sweden. He has published numerous books and journal papers mostly drawing on linguistic methods to look at other modes of communication such as Introduction to Multimodal Analysis (2007) Bloomsbury, Analysing Popular Music (2010) Sage, Language of Crime and Deviance (2012) Continuum and How to Do Critical Discourse Analysis: A Multimodal Approach (2012) Sage. He is editor of the journal Social Semiotics.
- Author(s)Anders Hansen,David Machin
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/05/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 12 black & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.