All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPolitical scientists and media specialists accept the commonplace assumption that the mass media have a profound and direct impact on virtually every aspect of the political process, yet remarkably few systematic studies examining the relationship between media and policy exist. Media and Public Policy brings together 15 prominent scholars who focus analytic attention on the underexamined connection between the media and public policymaking. Part I, which addresses theoretical perspectives, includes a chapter on media impact on the political status quo by leading expert Doris A. Graber and ather on newsmaking and policymaking by Julio Borquez. Part II, Media and Domestic Policy, includes chapters on FCC decisions (Wenmouth Williams, Jr.), understanding public policy through news broadcasts (Marion Just and Ann Crigler), the role the media plays in ecomic development and agenda setting (Michael Hawthorne), and media and the right to privacy (Dean Alger). Jerry and Michael Medler contribute a chapter about media images as environmental policy, and Montague Kern examines the rhetoric of public policy issues in mass media elections. In the final section, Robert Sahr and Patrick O'Heffernan discuss mass media and U.S. foreign policy processes in two chapters, and Holli Semetko and Edie Goldenberg examine how AIDS reporters in several countries use the media to affect policymaking.
- Author BiographyROBERT J. SPITZER is Professor of Political Science at the State University of New York at Cortland. He is the author of four books, including The Presidency and Public Policy, The Right to Life Movement and Third Party Politics (Greenwood Press, 1987), The Presidential Veto, and President and Congress, and editor of The Bicentennial of the U.S. Constitution. Spitzer has conducted research and published many articles on public policy subjects.
- Author(s)Robert J. Spitzer
- Date of Publication30/11/1992
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitlePraeger Series in Political Communication
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.