All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin media research and cultural studies, the mediation of politicians and the play-off between versions of high and low politics are attracting increasing interest. Media and the Restyling of Politics brings together the work of leading academics in media and cultural studies to pursue an agenda of research, analysis and debate about the changing nature of political culture and its mediation. The contributors question the ways in which emerging forms of political style relate t only to new conventions of celebrity and publicity but to ideas about representation, citizenship and the democratic process. Topics covered include: celebrity politicians, the marketing of politics, identity and popular culture.
- Author BiographyDick Pels is Professor of Sociology in the Department of Human Sciences at Brunel University, West London, and a Senior Research Affiliate of the Amsterdam School of Social Science Research. He is the author of Property and Power in Social Theory. A Study in Intellectual Rivalry(Routledge, 1998), The Intellectual as Stranger. Studies in Spokespersonship (Routledge, 2000) and Unhastening Science. Autonomy and Reflexivity in the Social Theory of Knowledge (forthcoming Liverpool University Press, 2002). He has edited books on Bourdieu, basic income, and political style, and has widely published in international journals on social and political theory, the sociology of knowledge and intellectuals, and intellectual history. His current research interests are in theories of performativity and performance, the social status of 'things', intellectuals and media, and the role of celebrity culture.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDick Pels,John Corner
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.