All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionMedia on the Move provides a critical analysis of the dynamics of the international flow of images and ideas. This comes at a time when the political, ecomic and techlogical contexts within which media organisations operate are becoming increasingly global. The surge in transnational traffic in media products has primarily benefited the major corporations such as Disney, AOL, Time Warner and News Corporation. However, as this book argues, new networks have emerged which buck this trend: Brazilian TV is watched in China, Indian films have a huge following in the Arab world and Al Jazeera has become a household name in the West. Combining a theoretical perspective on contra-flow of media with grounded case studies into one up-to-date and accessible volume, Media on the Move provides a much-needed guide to the globalization of media, going beyond the standard Anglo-American view of this evolving phemen.
- Author BiographyDaya Kishan Thussu is Professor of International Communication at the University of Westminster in London. His previous publications include Contra-Flow in Global News (1992) and Electronic Empires - Global Media and Local Resistance (1998) and International Communication - Continuity and Change, Second Edition (2006).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleCommunication and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDaya Kishan Thussu
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.