MediaWriting: Print, Broadcast, and Public Relations by Ronald D. Smith, W. Richard Whitaker, Janet E. Ramsey (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMediaWriting is an introductory, hands-on textbook for students preparing to write in the current multimedia environment. Rather than just talk about the differences among the styles of print, broadcast, and public relations, MediaWriting sythensizes and integrates them, while weaving in basic principles of Internet writing and social media reporting. Complete with real-world examples, practical writing exercises, and tips and information for entering into the profession, MediaWriting continues to give students the tools they need to become a successful media writer. The new edition has been extensively rewritten to reflect the dynamic nature of the profession, paying significant attention to how the Internet and social media have become essential communication tools for print and broadcast journalists, and public relations professionals. Further updates and features include: * Increased attention to computer-assisted reporting, the preparation of online copy, and social media applications * Two new chapters on lead writing and new new media * A separate chapter focused solely on ethics * Explanatory how to boxes that help students understand and retain main themes * Illustrative It Happened to Me vignettes from the authors' professional experiences * Discussion questions and exercises at the end of every chapter * Suggested readings that highlight biographies, books, and websites that expand the scope and definition of professionalism In addition to new multimedia elements, the fourth edition's companion website features enhanced resources for both students and instructors, including chapter overviews, writing tips, a test bank, sample critiques, and a sample syllabus.
- Author BiographyW. Richard Whitaker is Professor Emeritus of Journalism and Broadcasting at Buffalo State College (SUNY). Janet E. Ramsey is Distinguished Service Professor and Dean Emerita at Buffalo State (SUNY). Ronald D. Smith is Professor of Public Communication and former Chair of the Communication Department at Buffalo State (SUNY).
- Author(s)Janet E. Ramsey,Ronald D. Smith,W. Richard Whitaker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.