All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost continual warfare raged in Europe during the period 1300-1500. These wars were the furnaces in which many of the modern European nations were forged. Parallel with this emergence of the nations came the development of national armies to protect the newly-won borders and independence, yet throughout this period the old feudal method of raising an army persisted. This fascinating study by Terence Wise explores the organization, weapons and equipment of the armies who fought across Medieval Europe, from the Hundred Years' War (1337-1453)to the fight against the Moors in Spain, and the French invasion of Italy in 1494.
- Author BiographyTerence Wise is one of Osprey s most popular authors. Terence has been a respected historical writer for more than 25 years. With numerous books and articles to his credit, he has contributed more than a dozen titles to the Men-At-Arms series, mainly on medieval subjects including studies of the military orders and the Wars of the Roses.
- Author(s)Gerry Embleton,Terence Wise
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/04/1975
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations, plans
- Weight187 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.