All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMediated Boyhoods: Boys, Teens, and Young Men in Popular Media and Culture brings together work from various disciplines that explores the relationships among the everyday lives of boys and such media platforms as television, films, games, sports, music, urban and suburban culture, fashion, young adult vels, Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube. Offering a comprehensive overview of boyhood studies, chapters consider questions about the current state of boyhood as it is represented in the popular media; the ways that boys are influenced by and work to influence popular culture; the ways that popular texts often reflect adult expectations, anxieties, and prejudices about boys and boyhood; and the ways that boys, teens, and young men are often able to reflect upon and to act, sometimes unpredictably, to resist, subvert, or re-imagine and re-create popular culture and media. The volume serves as a companion to Mediated Girlhoods: New Explorations of Girls' Media Culture, edited by Mary Celeste Kearney.
- Author BiographyAnnette Wannamaker is the author of Boys in Children's Literature and Popular Culture: Masculinity, Abjection, and the Fictional Child (2008). She is Associate Professor in the Department of English Language and Literature at Eastern Michigan University, where she also serves as the coordinator of children's literature studies.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleMediated Youth
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, ill. and tables
- Weight400 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAnnette Wannamaker
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.