All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMediated Girlhoods: New Explorations of Girls' Media Culture is the first anthology devoted specifically to scholarship on girls' media culture. Taking a cultural studies approach, it includes analyses of girls' media representations, media consumption, and media production. The book responds to criticisms of previous research in the field by including studies of girls who are t white, middle-class, heterosexual, or Western, while also including historical research. Approaching girlhood, media, and methodology broadly, Mediated Girlhoods contains studies of previously unexplored topics, such as feminist themes in teen magazines, girlmade memory books, country girlhoods, girls' self-branding on YouTube, and the surveillance of girls via new media techlogies. The volume serves as a companion to Mediated Boyhoods: Boys, Teens, and Young Men in Popular Media and Culture, edited by Annette Wannamaker.
- Author BiographyMary Celeste Kearney is Associate Professor of Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She is author of Girls Make Media (2006), and editor of The Gender and Media Reader (forthcoming 2011), and founding director of Cinemakids.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleMediated Youth
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, ill.
- Weight450 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMary Celeste Kearney
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.