All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection links the use of media to the larger socio-cultural processes involved in collective memory-making. The focus in particular is on mediation and remediation as two fundamental aspects of media use, and on the dynamics between them. Key questions are: What role do media play in the production and circulation of cultural memories? How do mediation, remediation and intermediality shape objects and acts of cultural remembrance? How can new, emergent media redefine or transform what is collectively remembered? This book first appeared as a hardback volume in the De Gruyter series Media and Cultural Memory Studies. With the present book the original articles are reissued in an affordable paperback edition for graduate students and scholars in the field of Media and Memory Studies.
- Author BiographyAstrid Erll, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe-Universitat Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Ann Rigney, Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleDe Gruyter Textbook
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Weight400 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAnn Rigney,Astrid Erll
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.