All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe media alters one's experience of the world and, in turn, alters one's relationship to others. This is true of both the book and the screen, but with profoundly different consequences. The omnipresent screen of the early twenty-first century serves as a portal that reconfigures private and public experience in ways that are fundamentally different from print culture. Not only does the screen reveal the complexities of people and places beyond our reach, it alters our phemelogical awareness of space, sound, and motion. The individual experiences the altered duration of the screen, and the larger community displays the consequences of that altered duration. This book discusses how the screen in its myriad forms has contributed to an emerging view of the self in American culture that is unique to our time.
- Author BiographyThe Author: C. Kaha Waite is currently Chair and Associate Professor in the Department of Rhetoric and Communication at Hamilton College. She earned an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in communication and philosophy from the University of Illinois. Her scholarship focuses on the essential features of communication technologies, as those technologies contribute to emergent social forms.
- Author(s)C. Kaha Waite
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight290 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.