All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its small beginnings in the UK 15-20 years ago, mediation has become well-kwn as a more positive method of resolving conflict than the adversarial methods we have been accustomed to using. Reflecting the range of contexts in which mediation is w used, this book includes chapters on: history of mediation in the UK mediation with divorced and separated couples peer mediation in schools resolving neighbour disputes in rural and urban settings victim-offender mediation and conferencing resolving workplace and industrial disputes commercial mediation dealing with patients' complaints about doctors elder mediation environmental mediation and consensus building international mediation. Drawing on their own experiences as mediators, the contributors to this book discuss the benefits and drawbacks of mediation in particular settings and use case studies to illustrate how mediation works in practice. This book provides a comprehensive overview of mediation for those wanting to find out more, or those beginning in the field, as well as containing useful information and advice for anyone involved in mediation.
- Author BiographyMarian Liebmann has worked in education, art therapy, victim support and probation, and has been involved in community, victim-offender and schools mediation. For eight years she worked for Mediation UK, the umbrella organisation for mediation, as director and projects adviser. She has written/edited seven books in the fields of art therapy, mediation and conflict resolution, and contributed chapters to many others. She currently divides her time between freelance mediation training, art therapy, supervision and writing.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication10/08/2000
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.