All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, this textbook serves to frame understandings of health, health-related behavior, and health care in light of social and health inequality as well as structural violence. It also examines how the exercise of power in the health arena and in society overall impacts human health and well-being.
- Author BiographyHans A. Baer, PhD, has been faculty at the University of Melbourne in the Development Studies Program since 2006. Previously he taught for many years in various universities in the United States. Merrill Singer, PhD, is professor in the departments of Anthropology and Community Medicine, and senior research scientist at Center for Health, Intervention and Prevention at the University of Connecticut. Additionally, he is faculty at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS at Yale University. Ida Susser is professor of anthropology at Hunter College, CUNY, and adjunct professor of sociomedical sciences at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. She is founding president of the Society for the Anthropology of North America, and she served as president of the American Ethnological Society.
- Author(s)Hans A. Baer,Ida Susser,Merrill Singer
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.