Medical Applications of Mass Spectrometry by Elsevier Science & Technology (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $154.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $198.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionMass spectrometry is fast becoming an indispensable field for medical professionals. The mass spectrometric analysis of metabolites and proteins promises to revolutionize medical research and clinical diagstics. As this techlogy rapidly enters the medical field, practicing professionals and students need to prepare to take full advantage of its capabilities. Medical Applications of Mass Spectrometry addresses the key issues in the medical applications of mass spectrometry at the level appropriate for the intended readership. It will go a long way to help the utilization of mass spectrometry in medicine. The book comprises five parts. A general overview is followed by a description of the basic sampling and separation methods in analytical chemistry.In the second part a solid foundation in mass spectrometry and modern techniques of data analysis is presented. The third part explains how mass spectrometry is used in exploring various classes of biomolecules, including proteins and lipids. In the fourth section mass spectrometry is introduced as a diagstic tool in clinical treatment, infectious pathogen research, neonatal diagstics, cancer, brain and allergy research, as well as in various fields of medicine: cardiology, pulmology, neurology, psychiatric diseases, hemato-oncology, urologic diseases, gastrointestinal diseases, gynecology and pediatrics. The fifth part covers emerging applications in biomarker discovery and in mass spectrometric imaging. This book provides a broad look at how the medical field is benefiting from advances in mass spectrometry. It guides the reader from basic principles and methods to cutting edge applications. There is NO comparable book on the market to fill this fast growing field.
- Author BiographyProfessor of Chemistry, Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Founder and Co-director, Institute for Proteomics Technology and Applications, The George Washington University.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication16/10/2007
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1234 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAkos Vertes,Andreas Telekes,Karoly Vekey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.