All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe audience for this dictionary includes medical professionals working in multilingual environments; global health professionals in tourist areas; professionals in public health, humanitarian medicine, emergency disaster management, rescue teams and above all, frequent travellers disposed to any kind of danger or health risk and therefore in the need of medical assistance while in some foreign speaking country. In emergency situations even small misunderstandings can lead to the loss of valuable time and consequently lives, therefore this dictionary is created in very practical time-saving and easy-to-understand way for both medical professionals and their patients. Instead of one classical A to Z alphabetical order, it consists of several topics where terms regarding each topic are organized alphabetically. The topics start from very basic subjects of numbers and orientation and proceed with termilogy concerning accidents and disasters, parts of the human body, injuries, symptoms and diseases, pharmacy, medical facilities, medical procedures, diagstics, pregnancy and obstetrics. Consisting of over 3000 medical terms in English and French, this book is a valuable tool for medical students on exchange programs and can serve as a basic medical dictionary for translators.
- Author BiographyEdita Ciglenecki is medical translator with Academic degrees in Biomedical Sciences and Public Health Sciences. Besides Croatian, being her mother tongue, she is a holder of international diplomas in English, French and Italian language. For many years she worked as a medical professional inside the travel industry. This dictionary is the product of her own working experience built on her passion for travelling, medicine and language skills.
- Author(s)Edita Ciglenecki
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.