All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMedical Management of Glaucoma is a comprehensive review of glaucoma, current pharmacological therapies, and treatment guidelines for the disease as put forth by the American Academy of Ophthalmologists (AAO) and European Glaucoma Society (EGS). This book will review glaucoma's definition, classes, epidemiology, risk factors, pathogenesis (especially discussing intraocular pressure, aqueous humor production, and outflow), diagsis and assessment tools, and current therapeutic options for patients. Medical Management of Glaucoma will also give ophthalmologists and related healthcare professionals insight into how the patient is affected by their disease by reviewing quality of life issues, adherence, and costs of therapy, which is particularly significant as the management of this chronic disease should be tailored for each patient.
- Author BiographyKeith Barton is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at Moorfields Eye Hospital, and is an Honorary Reader for the Department of Epidemiology at the Institute of Ophtalmology, University College London. Additionally, Dr Barton is the Chairman of the International Glaucoma Association, a registered charity for people with glaucoma. Keith Barton is a Glaucoma Specialist whose research interests include the surgical management of glaucoma, specifically secondary glaucoma and the use of aqueous shunt devices, and the management of cataract in glaucoma. Roger Hitchings is an Honorary Consultant Ophthalmologist at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London and Professor Emeritus in Glaucoma and Allied studies at the University of London. He was Director of Research and Development at Moorfields Eye Hospital. He has authored and edited 4 books, 15 book chapters, and over 200 peer-reviewed papers on glaucoma. He developed the glaucoma department at Moorfields Eye Hospital into the largest in the UK and one of the largest in the world. He is a past president of the EGS, and founding Member of the World Glaucoma Association (AIGS). As Director of Research and Development, he had responsibility for establishing the Clinical Trials Unit and the associated Reading Centre. Donald Budenz, MD, MPH is the Kittner Distinguished Professor and Chair of the Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. He has authored over 130 peer reviewed scientific articles, numerous book chapters, and a single-authored textbook entitled Atlas of Visual Fields.
- Author(s)Keith Barton,Roger A. Hitchings
- PublisherSpringer Healthcare
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer Healthcare
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 25 colour illustrations, 18 black & white tables, biography
- Weight130 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byDonald L. Budenz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.