All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding a bridge from classroom to clinical practice, this casebook is composed of 32 realistic case studies appropriate for introductory and advanced level courses in nutrition and diet therapy. Each case study uses the medical record as its structure and you solve the case by using the information provided such as hospital admission data, laboratory test results, intake/output records, and the physician and other health care provider progress tes. The case is followed by a series of questions that focus on pathophysiology; assessment; clinical, nutritional, and behavioral outcomes; interventions; and appropriate follow-up for the patient. This real world approach prepares you for the professional setting. Objectives within each case are built around the nutrition care process and competencies for dietetic education.
- Author BiographyDr. Nahikian-Nelms is currently a professor of clinical health and rehabilitation sciences and director of the dietetic internship in the Division of Medical Dietetics at The Ohio State University. At Ohio State, she also serves as nutrition faculty for the LEND (Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities) program and the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center. She has practiced as a dietitian and public health nutritionist for over 25 years. She is the lead author for the textbooks: _Nutrition Therapy and Pathophysiology_; _Medical Nutrition Therapy: A Case Study Approach_; and _Food and Culture_. Additionally, she has contributed to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Manual for the sections on gastrointestinal disorders and is the author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and chapters for other texts. Her clinical expertise focuses on development and practice of evidence-based nutrition therapy for a variety of conditions including diabetes, gastrointestinal disease, and hematology/oncology for both pediatrics and adult populations, as well as the development of alternative teaching environments for students within their clinical training. Recently, her scholarly work has focused on the use and development of simulation activities as a component of the dietetic curriculum. Dr. Nahikian-Nelms has received the Governor's Award for Outstanding Teaching for the State of Missouri, Outstanding Dietetic Educator in Missouri and Ohio, and the PRIDE award from Southeast Missouri State University in recognition of her teaching. Dr. Nahikian-Nelms has previously served in her district and state dietetic associations as well as on the ACEND board and as a program reviewer.
- Author(s)Marcia Nahikian Nelms
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight885 g
- Width220 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.