Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionHow does a medical practice thrive in a business environment where the margin of management error has all but disappeared? Profit margins are being squeezed by declining reimbursement rates, capitation plans, gamesmanship on the part of the payors, and increasing operating costs. Addressing the specific needs of today's medical practice, Medical Practice Business Plan Workbook, Third Edition supplies a detailed and ordered work plan to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing the field. Peter D. Lucash delves into decades of experience helping physician groups develop business plans to guide you along the process of building the profitable practice you want and deserve. This updated edition of a bestseller begins with a review of the fundamentals, including the questions your plan should answer, how to get started, how to organize and develop your plan, and the staff support and resources you will need. Complete with a wealth of helpful sample plans and worksheets, this workbook: * Reflects recent changes in the healthcare industry, including federal healthcare reform * Offers a one-of-a-kind design and approach tailored to the medical practice * Covers conceptualization, organization, and implementation of your business plan This updated edition reflects current and forecasted challenges for practices, including the Affordable Care Act, data security, and quality and outcome measures. It supplies detailed coverage of the different types of organizations, governance and management, personnel needs, key business relationships and contacts, demographics and ecomic factors, patients as customers, competitor analysis, marketing, information techlogy, disaster and business continuity planning, and financial strategies. The final section outlines a process for implementing your plan. Sticking to this process will help ensure your plan covers what is needed to succeed in today's complex medical environment. Visit www.Lucash.com for videos and other resources to help you develop and implement your practice business plan.
- Author BiographyPeter Lucash is the founder and CEO of Digital CPE, LLC, a consulting, information, and training firm working to improve the business management of organizations. He is also the CEO of BioPharma Connex, LLC, a company that facilitates pharmaceutical firms to introduce innovative products in Latin America. Peter has worked in management and consulting roles in a variety of growth-oriented situations. He was the chief administrative officer of a specialty medical practice, an assistant hospital administrator and vice president of planning and marketing for large urban teaching hospitals, a manager in a Big 4 CPA firm consulting practice, and directed a development venture to explore entrepreneurial venture opportunities for a consortium of nonprofit organizations. Peter is a faculty member and lecturer for Northeastern University and other colleges, where he teaches courses in business, strategy, entrepreneurship, small-business management, organizational behavior, nonprofit management, and financial management. He holds an MBA and MPH from Columbia University and earned his BA from New York University. In addition to this book, Peter is the author of Medical Practice Change Management, originally published by McGraw-Hill. Peter has been an active speaker and facilitator for conferences, workshops, and seminars for national, regional, and local organizations including the Medical Group Management Association, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, and Charleston Digital Corridor among others. He was an active seminar leader for McGraw-Hill Healthcare Education Group and the Center for Professional Education, Inc. Peter is a member of his local chamber of commerce and other business and economic development organizations.
- Author(s)Peter D. Lucash
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.