All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionMedical Selection of Life Risks has long been recognised as the reference book on insurance medicine. The fourth edition provides a comprehensive guide to life expectancy for underwriters and clinicians involved in the life insurance industry. Extensively revised and expanded the 4th edition of Medical Selection of Life Risks reflects developments in life and healthcare insurance as well as medicine. There are completely new chapters: on the underwriting of genetic diseases, disability underwriting, impaired lives annuities, musculoskeletal and soft tissue disorders. Several major chapters have been completely re-written, including respiratory, ischemic and congenital heart diseases and oncology. Part I - deals with the principles of life and disability insurance and the logistics of life underwriting. Part II - is devoted to a systematic clinical appraisal of underwriting problems, mainly relating to life insurance but also, where appropriate, to disability, critical illness and long term care insurance.
- Author BiographyR.D.C. BRACKENRIDGE served as a medical officer in the RAF, 1942-46 after which he was a Senior Medical Registrar 1949-53. He then became a Consulting Medical Officer to Mercantile and General Re 1959 (recently Swiss Re Life & Health). He was President of the Assurance Medical Society in 1977 and an honorary member of the American Academy of Insurance Medicine in 1995. W. JOHN ELDER served in the medical branch of the RAF, 1955-71. He has been a Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Director of both Cologne Life Reinsurance Company, Connecticut, USA and Transamerica Accidental Life, California, USA retiring in 1995. He was editor of the Journal of Insurance Medicine 1984-91 and President of the Association of Life Insurance Medical Directors of America (ALIMDA) 1990-91, currently consults in insurance medicine .
- PublisherNature Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/09/1998
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNature Publishing Group
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1644 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Edited byR. D. C. Brackenbridge,W. John Elder
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.