All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis Reader introduces students of sociology and health care to the changing fields of medical kwledge and medical work. It provides a chronicle of research in the field of medical kwledge, medical work and health care over the past 25 years; and, summarises changes in how health care was delivered and how medical kwledge and practice were conceptualised over this period. Section introductions by the editors situate the articles within a wider body of literature. This is a valuable resource for student of sociology, social policy, social work, health policy or health care.
- Author BiographyEllen Annandale, Mary Ann Elston and Lindsay Prior are all experts in the sociology of medical work, medical knowledge and health care. Until recently, they were senior members of the editorial team of the journal, The Sociology of Health and Illness. Dr Annandale is the author of The Sociology of Health and Medicine'; (1989), Dr Elston is the editor of The Sociology of Medical Science and Technology'; (Blackwell Publishing, 1997) and Dr Prior is the author of The Social Organisation of Mental Illness'; (1993).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2005
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleSociology of Health and Illness Monographs
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight692 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byEllen Annandale,Lindsay Prior,Mary Ann Elston
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.