CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAlcohol use affects, either directly or indirectly, nearly all facets of Western civi- lization. Eastern cultures are also t exempt from the influence of alcohol, and the present decade has been a time of increased alcohol use in all parts of the world. The problems of alcohol abuse and alcoholism are of concern to a variety of professionals in the biomedical and psychosocial health sciences, and-although the alcohol research literature contains much information on the relationships between alcohol ingestion and physiological, neurochemical, pharmacologic, genetic, environmental, and psychological effects in humans and in subhuman spe- cies-there is at the present time advanced textbook that integrates the avail- able information for use by both students and professionals. The writing of Medical and Social Aspects of Alcohol Abuse constitutes an attempt to create a scholarly reference and resource for students, researchers, prac- ticing clinicians, and paraprofessionals who wish to understand the complex inter- play of factors related to acute and chronic alcohol intoxication, the effects of alco- hol on body functions, and treatment approaches to alcohol abusers and alcoholics.
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBoris Tabakoff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.