All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Medicare's Victims, you'll read the intimate stories of patients and physicians who have struggled with Medicare, and then you'll learn how the particular Medicare policy has caused their plight. The patients who are victims of Medicare are often the sickest of the sick, whether it is the disabled who are on Medicare's two-year waiting period; seniors who fell into Part D's donut hole; or patients who are harmed because they receive too much treatment or t eugh. The physicians who are victims are ones who struggle to provide the best care for their patients while Medicare's reimbursement system, in effect, punishes them for it. They all tend to have one thing in common: lack of political power. For example, people who are seriously ill are relatively few in number. As such, they do t have the numbers necessary to impact elections. Further, people who are ill are generally t engaging in the networking, meetings and other activities necessary to form effective political organizations. Thus, Congress seldom feels the pressure to change the policies that harm these people. In the end, you'll learn how we can reform Medicare so that patients and physicians are put in control of their own medical decisions and, thus, will be much less likely to be victimized.
- Author BiographyDavid Hogberg is senior fellow for health care policy at the National Center for Public Policy Research. He has previously worked for Investor's Business Daily, the Office of Rep. Jeff Fortenberry, the Capital Research Center, and the Public Interest Institute. He has a B.A. from CSU Sacramento, an M.A. from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and a Ph.D. from the University of Iowa, all in political science.
- Author(s)David Hogberg
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.