Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionDale Pinck explains how the healing power of foods stretches even beyond the realms of vitamins and minerals, and involves a far more complex and beautifully wondrous group of biological compounds - phytochemicals. He shows how, when delivered in the right way, many of these compounds can work in a very similar way to medicinal plants and even pharmaceutical drugs, but minus the side-effects. He highlights the benefits of each food and shows how to prepare dishes and recipes that are t only delicious but have a medicinal property that makes them a powerful addition to someone's overall disease treatment plan, be this orthodox medical treatment or natural therapies. He includes recipes for all common health disorders, including problems with digestion, the heart and circulation, the immune and nervous systems, joints and skin disorders.
- Author BiographyDale Pinnock, the UK's only Medicinal Cook, is frequently sought out by the UK media for his detailed in-depth knowledge of the fields of nutrition, herbal medicine and phytonutrients. He qualified in both Nutrition and Herbal Medicine and trained at the University of Westminster. He runs private healthcare clinics in Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire where he combines herbal medicine with nutritional healing to provide a full and far-reaching therapeutic programme. He is also the resident Natural Heath expert for BBC Three Counties Radio, and can be heard on the Afternoon Show every two weeks for a one-hour phone-in session. He is regularly featured in publications such as Men's Health, FHM, Loaded, Get Fresh, Healthy, Daily Mirror, Cosmopolitan, Grazia, Dare, Company and Sunday Mirror Celebs Magazine.
- Author(s)Dale Pinnock
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/10/2016
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width136 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.