All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book is a collaborative effort between researchers at Rutgers University and colleagues from numerous institutions in Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. It will be the first book to document more than 200 of the most important medicinal plants of Central Asia, many whose medicinal uses and activities are being described in English for the first time. The majority of the plants described grow wild in Central Asia with some being endemic, while other species have been introduced to Central Asia but are commonly used in regional plant based medicine. The book contains four introductory chapters. The first and second chapters cover the geography, climate and vegetation of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, respectively. The third chapter provides a brief history of medicinal plant use and science in Central Asia and the fourth chapter contains general information about phytochemistry. The fifth chapter comprises the bulk of the book and covers 208 medicinal plant species. Nearly all species have one or more high quality, color photographs. Three useful appendices have been included. The first is a glossary of botanical and ecological terms, the second is a glossary of chemistry terms and the third is a glossary of medical terms. During the preparation of this manuscript we found there to be a deficiency in quality reference resources for the translation of many of the technical terms associated with the different branches of science covered in this book. In order to make our job easier we compiled glossaries over the course of preparing the manuscript and have included them feeling that they will be an extremely valuable resource for readers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1107 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid E. Zaurov,Lena Struwe,Sasha W. Eisenman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.