All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on India and South Africa during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, the essays in this collection address power and enforced modernity as applied to medicine. Clashes between traditional methods of healing and the practices brought in by colonizers are explored across both territories.
- Author BiographyPoonam Bala is visiting professor in the Department of Sociology and Criminology, Cleveland State University. She has been a post-doctoral fellow at the Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine, London and Honorary Fellow at the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities, Edinburgh. She has taught at universities in the US, Canada and India, was a Visiting Professor in Pretoria/Cape Town and Associate Professor at the University of Delhi.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleEmpires in Perspective
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPickering & Chatto (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byPoonam Bala
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.