Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyses various issues concerning the application of law to the field of medical practice, education, and research from a global perspective with particular focus on India. The volume, analytical in approach and comprehensive in coverage, ought to evoke vital public interest in that it examines techlogical advancements in the medical field that have legal, social, and ethical implications. The issues, including organ transplant, euthanasia, surrogacy and abortion, sex selection, the concept of consent, clinical trials, designer babies, cosmetic enhancement and confidentiality, are common to all countries but vary in their moral perception due to diverse cultural underpinnings of each country. The author adopts an interdisciplinary approach combining law with medicine to address these issues. This book is also a comparative study with a special focus on Indian case law and jurisdictions from other countries including the US and the UK.
- Author BiographyK. Kannan is Judge, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh, India.
- Author(s)K. Kannan
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Weight774 g
- Width149 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.