Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the latest volume in the acclaimed series that depicts medicine as depicted in art throughout history. This sumptuously illustrated volume offers a visual history of the depiction of illness and healing in Western culture, ranging from Egyptian wall carvings to medieval manuscripts and from paintings and sculpture by the great masters of the Renaissance to 20thC artists such as Matisse & Magritte. Thematic chapters cover the examination of patients and their maladies; healing and medical treatments; and the sufferings and hopes of patients awaiting cure and recovery. Psychological anguish, represented by Masaccio's The Expulsion of Adam and Eve , and Munch's The Scream , are also treated along with more obvious physical manifestations.
- Author BiographyGiorgio Bordin is a physician and the director of the Sanitario dell Ospedale Piccole Figlie in Parma, Italy. Laura Polo D Ambrosio is an art historian.
- Author(s)Giorgio Bordin,Laura Polo D'Ambrosio
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note400 full-colour illustrations
- Weight710 g
- Width137 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.