All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent decades various versions of Chinese medicine have begun to be widely practised in Western countries, and the academic study of the subject is w well established. However, there are still few scholarly mographs that describe the history of Chinese medicine and there are ne at all on the medieval period. This collection represents the kind of international collaboration of research teams, centres and individuals that is required to begin to study the source materials adequately. The first book in English to discuss this fascinating material in the century since the Dunhuang library was discovered, the text provides a unique and fascinating interpretation of Chinese medical history.
- Author BiographyVivienne Lo researches and lectures on the early and medieval history of Asian medicine at the Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine, University College London. Christopher Cullen is Director of the Needham Research Institute, Cambridge.
- Author(s)Christopher Cullen,Vivienne Lo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2005
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Series TitleNeedham Research Institute Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 25 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.