Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis short book is intended to serve as a practical guide to Gaelic language sources (as opposed to administrative or ecclesiastical records in Latin, French or English) for the history of these communities in the high Middle Ages, laying emphasis on published texts for which English translations are available. Under six headings (annals, genealogies, poems, prose tracts and sagas, legal material, colophons and marginalia), it discusses t only the nature of the sources themselves, the purposes for which they were originally created, and their survival and availability to researchers, but also how to glean usable historical information from them.
- Author BiographyKatharine Simms is Senior Lecturer in Medieval History at Trinity College Dublin.
- Author(s)Katharine Simms
- PublisherFour Courts Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleResearch Guide Series
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintFour Courts Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight397 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.