Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in Czech in 2002 and w available in English, Medieval Painting in Bohemia assesses the history of painting in Bohemia and Moravia from the emergence of the Czech state in the late ninth century to the end of the rule of Ludwig Jagiello in 1526. Leading Czech art historian Jan Royt traces the developments in and preservation of mural and panel painting during this period, as well as illuminations and medieval icography, and he also explores the various themes that inspired these pieces. The text is rounded out with more than eighty full-color illustrations, each supplied with a detailed caption. Original yet authoritative, Medieval Painting in Bohemia will be an indispensable guide for everyone curious to kw more about this region, as well as students of art history seeking a definitive introduction.
- Author BiographyJan Royt is head of the Institute of Christian Art History at Charles University Prague.
- Author(s)Jan Royt
- PublisherKarolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOvocny
- Country of PublicationCzech Republic
- ImprintKarolinum,Nakladatelstvi Univerzity Karlovy,Czech Republic
- Content Note80 colour plates
- Weight758 g
- Width208 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.