All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionMedieval Popular Religion, 1000-1500: A Reader, second edition, brings together a unique collection of 82 sources that casts light on the beliefs and practices of ordinary Christians in the Middle Ages whose religious lives have often been overlooked by historians and theologians. Documents new to this edition include a new translation of the English peasant Thurkill's thirteenth-century vision of hell, a substantial excerpt from the twelfth-century Play of Adam, two pilgrims' travelogues to Jerusalem, and a complete translation of a thirteenth-century handbook for administering confessions.
- Author BiographyJohn Shinners, Professor of Humanistic Studies at Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, Indiana, has written a variety of studies on medieval religion and parish life, including Pastors and the Care of Souls in Medieval England (co-edited with William J. Dohar, Notre Dame, 1998).
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleReadings in Medieval Civilizations & Cultures
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byJohn R. Shinners
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.