All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCourse objectives: List the benefits of meditationAnalyze the deep relationship between meditation and spiritualityIdentify options for when and how to meditatePractice guided meditationA Step-by-Step Introduction to MeditationScientific studies show that meditation can reliably increase your mental clarity, reduce fatigue, and improve physical health. And the best part? It's t as hard as you may think to start meditating.With Meditation, expert teacher Shinzen Young presents a clear, easy-to-follow program to help you get your start in this transformative practice. Beginning with a brief overview of the proven physical and emotional health benefits of meditation, Shinzen provides precise guidance in specific practices that can be used by anyone matter what your background or belief system to radically improve how you think, feel, work, and connect with others.Previously released as The Beginner's Guide to Meditation.
- Author BiographyShinzen YoungShinzen Young became fascinated with Asian culture while a teenager in Los Angeles. Later he enrolled in a PhD program in Buddhist Studies at the University of Wisconsin. Eventually, he went to Asia and did extensive training in each of the three major Buddhist traditions: Vajrayana, Zen and Vipassana. Upon returning to the United States, his academic interests shifted to the burgeoning dialogue between Eastern meditation and Western science. Shinzen is known for his innovative interactive, algorithmic approach to mindfulness, a system specifically designed for use in pain management, recovery support, and as an adjunct to psychotherapy. He leads meditation retreats throughout North America and has helped establish numerous mindfulness centers and programs. He also consults widely on meditation-related research, in both the clinical and the basic science domains. He often says: My life s passion lies in exploring what may arise from the cross-fertilization of the best of the East with the best of the West.
- Author(s)Shinzen Young
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight100 g
- Width128 mm
- Height143 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Running Time60
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $33.46Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $44.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.