CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to meditation in education is written as a resource for class teachers and educators as a practical guide. Parents will also find it valuable, though its main focus is in using meditation in schools. The purpose of the book is to inspire and to provide concise, practical and general information, and techniques that can be considered and explored before introducing primary or secondary students to meditative experience.Meditation in schools covers such topics as:o information on schools where meditation is practiced, and the perceived resultso issues and concerns involved with introducing meditation in schoolso the relationship between mediation and other relaxation quieting techniqueso experiential learning and a holistic approach to educationThis essential guide is written from the contributors' personal and professional practice experience and emphasizes how meditation can contribute to the school environment and to the curriculum, as well as developing the positive potential of students' hearts and minds. It includes a useful section on further reading.
- Author BiographyClive Erricker is Reader in the Study of Religions, University College Chichester, UK. Jane Erricker is lecturer at King Alfred's University College, Winchester.
- Author(s)Clive Erricker,Jane Erricker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byClive Erricker,Linda Erricker
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.