All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionA compilation of sixty insightful reflections from John Burroughs, the great naturalist from New York whose friends included Walt Whitman, John Muir, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. This is the sixth book in the popular series by Chris Highland that includes Muir, Thoreau, Emerson, Whitman and Fuller. The editor draws upon years as an interfaith chaplain and student of Nature to highlight the best of Burroughs' spiritual side. Drawing from Burroughs' many books, this collection presents his close observation of wild Nature in an easy daily-reading format. Burroughs was a radical lover of the cosmos who saw that 'the earth is divine, and . . . God is everywhere.' His creed was 't even a faith; it is a love, an enthusiasm, a consecration to natural truth.' With selections placed alongside quotations from an incredible diversity of thinkers and sprinkled with crisp black and white photographs, this work takes an essential place in this series packed with wisdom for the path.
- Author BiographyBorn in Seattle, Washington Chris Highland has degrees from Seattle Pacific University and San Francisco Theological Seminary. He served as an interfaith chaplain for twenty-five years and was an ordained Presbyterian minister for many years. Author of six Nature meditation books, he has also written My Address is a River, Jesus and John Muir (novel) and a spiritual autobiography entitled Life After Faith. Chris lived for three years in a Walden-like cabin on Whidbey Island in Washington State before returning to the SF Bay Area. He currently teaches at the College of Marin and is the manager of senior cooperative housing. His website is www.chighland.com.
- Author(s)Chris Highland
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication20/12/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.