All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionVital center. Radical middle. Amid the red state/blue state divide, is there w space for an icoclastic militant moderate? In this unusual and remarkably readable collection of short essays on a wide variety of hot-button public issues-race, affirmative action, surrogate motherhood, diversity, immigration, compensation of 9/11 victims, exclusion of gays from the Boy Scouts and the military, the 2004 election, the rule of law in developing countries, the invasion of Iraq, and many more-Yale Law School professor Peter Schuck reveals the distinctive sensibility and policy orientation of a militant moderate: pragmatic, reformist, n-ideological, empirically-minded, and skeptical of many liberal and conservative pieties.
- Author BiographyPeter H. Schuck is Simeon E. Baldwin Professor of Law at Yale Law School.
- Author(s)Peter H. Schuck
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight322 g
- Width148 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.