All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidered a foundational text in modern philosophy, the Meditations on First Philosophy presents numerous powerful arguments that to this day influence debates in epistemology, the philosophy of mind, and the philosophy of religion. This new translation incorporates revisions from the second Latin edition (1642) and the later French translation (1647) to make Descartes' reasoning as lucid and engaging as possible. Also included in this edition is a brief introduction to Descartes and the Meditations , revised and expanded from Andrew Bailey's acclaimed anthology, First Philosophy . The introduction helps the reader to understand the context and purpose of Descartes' project without over-explaining his arguments.
- Author BiographyAndrew Bailey is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Guelph. Ian Johnston is an Emeritus Professor at Vancouver Island University and has translated several works from Greek, French, German, and Latin.
- Author(s)Rene Descartes
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byAndrew Bailey
- Translated byIan Johnston
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.