All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is structured to highlight the advantages of the Mediterranean diet plan. For a plant based diet like this most of the focus is on plants as well as the abolition of animal foods such as eggs, whey, cheese and milk. The foods included in this diet are generally nuts, seeds, spices, whole grains, vegetables, legumes and beans. There are a variety of food combinations that can be prepared using the plant-based diet. Several different types of plant-based diets are available and can be modified to suit your needs. Other diets, especially those geared for weight loss, can be very hard to follow and even be harmful to the body. The temptation may be there to try other things but it is t the best idea as they may be filled with bad cholesterol and saturated fats among other substances. They may even pose a risk to cardiovascular health. The Mediterranean diet poses ne of these threats as everything is freshly grown and consumption of red meat and eggs is moderated. You can have your fill of fruits and vegetables and have a healthy snack of nuts throughout the day. It works well for the person that wants to lose weight especially around the midsection. Following feedback from a customer the publisher has modified the title of this book to reflect the fact that it contains mostly information on the diet rather than recipes. There are a few basic recipes to get you started but this is t a Mediterranean cook book.
- Author BiographyKara Milanova was hopping from diet to diet, trying to find the right one that would not only help her to lose weight but to live a healthier lifestyle as well. After a while she discovered the Mediterranean diet plan and soon realized that this was the way to go. She has even included a few of her favorite recipes as an added bonus. Her main goal is to help those who are still on the fence about trying this diet to realize the benefits that they can accrue from. She also highlights the Mediterranean diet is not really a diet but rather a lifestyle. Kara knows that the main reason a lot of persons find it extremely challenging to cut down on the consumption of animal products is because like her, they grew up eating these foods and really do not know if it is ever possible to stop consuming them and adapting to something else. She shares with you that with the high levels of developments today, it is really not a difficult task to follow a diet that is modified. She asks readers to seriously consider their health and to think carefully about eating foods that are beneficial for the body.
- Author(s)Kara Milanova
- Date of Publication23/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.