All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn's Gospel is a literary and theological masterpiece--but therein lays the problem for many people in the pew. Believing John's Gospel to be too abstract and spiritual for them to comprehend, they never read it for themselves; as a result, they miss out on the amazing beauty and simplicity of John's message.In Meeting St. John Today, rewned biblical scholar Daniel J. Harrington, SJ, offers a clear, concise, and respectful presentation of this rich Gospel while bridging the gap between modern biblical scholarship and Christian spirituality. This quick-moving book includes, among other topics, a look at the historical setting of John's Gospel, a narrative analysis of the Gospel, and an overview of its theological message. Meeting St. John Today serves as an excellent resource for Bible-study groups or for any individual who wants to discover and put into practice the simple treasures this special Gospel has to offer. Daniel J. Harrington, SJ, is professor of New Testament at Boston College School of Theology and Ministry in Cambridge, MA. He has been general editor of New Testament Abstracts since 1972 and is a past president of the Catholic Biblical Association of America. Other books by this authorMeeting St. Paul Today: Understanding the Man, His Mission, and His Message The letters of St. Paul permeate just about everything Christians believe and practice, but many of us kw very little about St. Paul. In Meeting St. Paul Today, Daniel Harrington, SJ, brings the letters of Paul and the apostle himself to life.Meeting St. Luke Today: Understanding the Man, His Mission, and His Message Biblical scholar Daniel J. Harrington, SJ, helps people in the pew uncover both the theological and literary beauty of the Gospel of Luke. For more information and the Gospel of Luke, visit our Cycle C Resources pages.Meeting St. Matthew Today: Understanding the Man, His Mission, and His Message Daniel J. Harrington offers a clear, relevant, and respectful presentation of Matthew's Gospel written for people in the pews.*Comments: Max Char 250 *
- Author BiographyDaniel J. Harrington, SJ, is professor of New Testament at the Boston College School of Theology and Ministry. He has served as the general editor of New Testament Abstracts since 1972, and he is the author of more than 40 books.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Harrington
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Weight209 g
- Width141 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.