Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership: Casting Light or Shadow by Craig E. Johnson (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $62.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fourth Edition retains the elements of the text that have contributed to its success while also broadening its appeal. Written in an informal, accessible style, author Craig E. Johnson takes an interdisciplinary approach to leadership ethics while blending research and theory with practical application. This unique text promotes ethical decision-making and action through skill development, self-assessment, and application exercises. In the Fourth Edition: - A new chapter, Ethical Crisis Leadership, explains five ethical principles and strategies that are essential to fulfilling moral duties during times of crisis. - 'Leadership Ethics at the Movies' features present short summaries of feature films that portray ethical dilemmas. Discussion starters are included to prompt readers to draw ethical implications and applications from the films. - 'Self-Assessment' features measure the reader's performance on an important behaviour, skill, or concept discussed in the chapter - 'Implications and Applications' review key ideas and their ramifications for the reader as a leader - 'For Further Exploration, Challenge, and Assessment' encourages readers to engage in extended reflection and self-analysis - 'Focus on Follower Ethics' boxes that broaden coverage of the text and introduce concepts students can apply to their role as followers - Three cases per chapter offer real-world examples for anlaysis and reflection - A lengthy reference section at the end of the book serves as a starting point for further research and exploration Instructors Resources include teaching strategies, a test bank, sample syllabi, assignment descriptions, and more.
- Author BiographyCraig E. Johnson (PhD, University of Denver) is emeritus professor of leadership studies at George Fox University, Newberg, Oregon, where he taught undergraduate and graduate courses in leadership, ethics, management and communication. During his time at the university he served as director of the George Fox Doctor of Business Administration program and chair of the Department of Communication Arts. Though retired from full-time teaching, Johnson continues to serve as an adjunct professor. He is the author of Organizational Ethics: A Practical Approach (also published by Sage) and co-author, with Michael Z. Hackman, of Leadership: A Communication Perspective. His research findings, instructional ideas, and book reviews have been published in the Journal of Leadership Studies, the Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, the Journal of Leadership Education, Academy of Management Learning and Education, the International Leadership Journal, Communication Quarterly, Communication Reports, and other journals. In 2016 he received the George Fox University outstanding graduate faculty researcher award. Johnson has led and participated in service and educational trips to Honduras, Kenya, Rwanda, New Zealand, China, and Brazil and has held volunteer leadership positions in a variety of religious and nonprofit organizations. In addition to teaching and writing, he enjoys working out, reading, fly-fishing, watching sports, and spending time with family.
- Author(s)Craig E. Johnson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date02/07/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.