All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents a moving tale of love and loss, set at the outbreak of World War II. It is 1938. Meg Stephens, a young art student from a middle-class North London family, travels to Saint Tropez with a friend in pursuit of art and adventure. Captivated by the colours and scents of Provence, the two girls embark on a painting holiday through which they meet a circle of bohemian artists and writers including the famous Pierre Bonnard. As war approaches, and the storm-clouds gather over Europe, Meg is drawn into the exotic entourage of Madame Leary and Les Cigalettes. Very soon she has fallen deeply and irrevocably in love; with Werner, an Austrian-born intellectual exiled from his homeland for his political views...Many years later, after Meg has died, her daughter Alice discovers a long-lost painting which had belonged to her mother, and which tells the story of this secret wartime love affair.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Hardy is the author of Julia Stone, Far From Home, The Last Days of Innocence and Abby O'Leary and from Severn House, Sarah. She is married and lives in Surrey.
- Author(s)Charlotte Hardy
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2007
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/06/2016
- Weight404 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.