All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the work of Poly5, or the Mediterranean Corridor, mega-transport infrastructure project, this ground-breaking reference explains how and why traditional top-down government-defined transport planning policies are failing, due to their tendency to eschew ackwledgement of profoundly multifarious local and regional issues. The authors use cognitive reports from the Mediterranean Corridor experience as a learning platform, unpacking the tangled sources of the challenges faced to find firm ground from which to embark upon future projects. They propose the replacement of the current fragmented and unbalanced implementation efforts across various territories with a bottom-up, holistic, inclusive approach in which individual territories and regions have buy-in from the outset, a chance to bring their strengths to bear on the broader infrastructural planning, an ongoing communication channel to report and tackle difficulties and clear, strategic directives to drive sustainable future growth of environmentally desirable and practical mega-transport systems.
- Author BiographyDr. Sandro Fabbro is Associate Professor of Territorial Planning in the Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture at the University of Udine. Throughout his tenures as Visiting Professor at Northeastern University and the Global Urban Research Unit within the University of Newcastle's School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, he conducted research on regional planning at the strategic and regulative levels. He promoted SPHERA (Spatial Planning Harmonization for the European Regional Administrations) a research network of five Italian universities in charge of a Research Program of National Interest for the Italian Ministry of Research and University and he is currently President of the National Commission for Infrastructural Policies of the Italian Istituto Nazionale di Urbanistica. Dr. Fabbro is author of more than one hundred publications in international books and journals. He is a member of the Association of the European Schools of Planning (AESOP) and is often an invited speaker at its annual conferences.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 28 colour illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySandro Fabbro
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.