All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pia rag is musical form unlike any other. Although melodious, ragtime's excitement and appeal derives from its syncopated rhythms. Ragtime music achieved toriety through its greatest composer, Scott Joplin (1868-1917). At an early age he studied with an old German musician who introduced him to the pia and music theory. While still in his early teens he earned his way playing pia in the honky-tonks of villages and towns in the Mississippi Valley. He was intrigued with the folk music of his people and the jig pia style of the self-taught pianists with whom he worked. Take a musical journey through Scott Joplin's prolific career and perform these time-hored ragtime pia pieces as they are transcribed here for solo guitar. Written in standard tation only with fingerings and historical/ performance tes.
- Author(s)Giovanni De Chiaro
- PublisherMel Bay Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMel Bay Publications,U.S.
- Weight885 g
- Width216 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.