All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMelchior Goldast was a Swiss scholar, editor and lawyer, born near St. Gallen in 1578, who, in his early years, was engaged in publishing many manuscripts and documents relating to the history and literature of his native land. This study begins with an account of the background and circumstances into which he was born, and a short biography of Goldast. The work focuses on two of his publications: the Paraeneticorum Veterum Pars 1 (1604), in which early printing of texts from the Codex Manesse appeared, and the Scriptores Rerum Alamannicarum (1606), a collection of historical texts and other documents important to the history of the early German language. It also examines the reception of these works by German scholars up to 1750, and Goldast's influence on the understanding and appreciation of early German texts.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Anne A. Baade received her Ph.D. in Germanic Languages from the University of Texas. She is a native of Scotland and was educated in Edinburgh where she graduated from the University of Edinburgh with an M.A. Hons. in French and German. She also studied in France and Germany, and after coming to the United States received an M.A. in German from Duke University. Her work includes translations and research on German settlers in Louisiana.
- Author(s)Anne A Baade
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1993
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Old Germanic Languages and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight450 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.